Teens Act Program Coordinator(s)
Teens Act is a nonprofit based in Provo with a mission to empower underserved high school students to graduate from high school and go on to higher education. We are looking for passionate individuals who can assist the Directors in implementing the Teens Act programs. Our goal is to empower about 200 underserved high school students in the Provo School District and beyond.
- Assist in supporting a Student Success Class, which is an elective class during school hours at Provo High, and Timpview High and services to Independence High School
- Assist with the After School Mentoring-Tutoring Program and Parents Support Program at each school
- Assist in recruiting necessary volunteer mentors and other community volunteers by working with universities and community partners
- Help develop the curriculum and training materials
- Help raise additional funding for program supplies and activities
- Work at least 4-6 hours a week, more as needed for the coordinator to fulfill internship or other needs
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work needed hours
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to present to professionals and educators
- Self-motivated, proactive, team player
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and/or working with youth
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish is a plus but not required
# of Positions: 3
Provo High (PHS), Timpview High (THS), Independence High (IHS)
Note: This is credit earning non-paid internship, volunteer position
Deadline: Open until filled and priority will be given to early applicants
Hours: 4 - 6 hours a week, more hours are available if needed for internships. 30 minutes of availability between 10:45-12:15 one or more times per week is preferred. Semester commitment.
Location: At high schools. Remote access to teachers, students and staff as needed.
We follow local, county, and state policies in response to COVID 19. Teens Act continues to offer its services consistent with the school district, the local universities, community and state directives. As necessary our services will be managed through digital systems for program oversight, delivery of instruction, mentoring, and support services.
Office is available to use: 363 N University Avenue #116, Provo, UT
How to Apply: Submit a one-page resume to email@example.com
Questions: Contact by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call/text Gary Lacock 801-360-7135
Visit www.teensact.org for more information about Teens Act