UVU Coordinator Intern
Teens Act is a nonprofit based in Provo with program services in Utah County. Our mission is to empower underserved high school students to graduate from high school and go on to higher education. We are looking for passionate individuals who can assist in implementing the Teens Act programs in their local communities by recruiting; training, and supporting Teens Act volunteer mentors and interns at Utah Valley University and to support and develop further connections between UVU and the communities it serves. We are a partner with the Center for Social Impact, have a growing partnership with First Generation and Retention, and Honors program through CAL, as well as with TRIO and other programs and services at UVU and are looking to improve and increase those relationships.
- Assist in supporting and developing the relationship of Teens Act with the UVU Community and it's outreach.
- Recruit necessary volunteer mentors and other community volunteers by working with Utah Valley University professors and staff, especially through the Center for Social Impact, First Generation and Retention, and Honors programs through CAL, as well as through TRIO and other programs and services at UVU including through UVU education and related departments.
- Attend a weekly team meeting at the Teens Act office in Provo or at your College/University if more appropriate.
- Work at least 7-9 hours a week.
- Ability to work required hours.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to present to professionals and educators.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Self-motivated, proactive, team player.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and/or working with youth is a plus.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish is a plus.
Note: This is credit earning non-paid internship.
Deadline: Open until filled and priority will be given to early applicants.
Note: This is credit earning internship, volunteer position
Deadline: Open until filled and priority will be given to early applicants
Hours: Flexible (during the day) 2 - 4 hours a week, more hours are available if needed for internships. Semester commitment
Location: Work primarily at your college/university, in High Schools on occasion and remotely, under the direction of one of the Teens Act Directors. Office is available to use: 363 N University Avenue #116, Provo, UT
We follow local, county, and state policies in response to COVID 19. Teens Act continues to offer its services consistent with the school district, the local universities, community and state directives. As necessary our services will be managed through digital systems for program oversight, delivery of instruction, mentoring, and support services.
Office is available to use: 363 N University Avenue #116, Provo, UT
How to Apply: Submit a one-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact by email (email@example.com) or call/text Claudia Soto at 801-473-0133
Visit www.teensact.org for more information about Teens Act