UVU Coordinator Intern
Teens Act is a nonprofit based in Provo with program services in Utah County. Our mission is to empower underserved high school students to graduate from high school and go on to higher education. We are looking for passionate individuals who can assist in implementing the Teens Act programs in their local communities by recruiting; training, and supporting Teens Act volunteer mentors and interns at Utah Valley University and to support and develop further connections between UVU and the communities it serves. We are a partner with the Center for Social Impact, have a growing partnership with First Generation and Retention, and Honors program through CAL, as well as with TRIO and other programs and services at UVU and are looking to improve and increase those relationships.
- Assist in supporting and developing the relationship of Teens Act with the UVU Community and it's outreach.
- Recruit necessary volunteer mentors and other community volunteers by working with Utah Valley University professors and staff, especially through the Center for Social Impact, First Generation and Retention, and Honors programs through CAL, as well as through TRIO and other programs and services at UVU including through UVU education and related departments.
- Attend a weekly team meeting at the Teens Act office in Provo or at your College/University if more appropriate.
- Work at least 7-9 hours a week.
- Ability to work required hours.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to present to professionals and educators.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Self-motivated, proactive, team player.
- Experience in teaching, mentoring, and/or working with youth is a plus.
- Ability to communicate in both English and Spanish is a plus.
Note: This is credit earning non-paid internship.
Deadline: Open until filled and priority will be given to early applicants.
Position(s): 1-2 Currently we have 1 UVU Coordinator Intern
Location and time: Flexible (during the day)
Work primarily at your college/university, in High Schools on occassion and remotely, under the direction of one of the Teens Act Directors. Office is available to use: 363 N University Avenue #108, Provo, UT
How to Apply: Submit a one-page resume to email@example.com
Contact by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call/text Claudia Soto at 801-473-0133